Heritage Home and Garden
Gain a wonderful insight into some of Scotland's finest properties. Discover untold stories as you are taken on guided tours, often led by the clan and estate owners themselves.
- Four nights aboard the Belmond Royal Scotsman luxury train
- 24-hour steward service
- Special guest hosts on board; Photographer Patsy Floyd and Gardening Writer Susan Chivers
- All meals aboard the train: full Scottish breakfast, three-course lunch and four-course dinner including cheeseboard, coffee, tea and petits fours
- All beverages including alcoholic drinks
- A visit to Brechin Castle Gardens
- A tour of Foulis Castle led by a member of the Munro clan
- A visit to Attadale Gardens
- An excursion to the Isle of Skye, including a tour of the Clan Donald Estate
- Evening drinks reception at Ballindalloch Castle and a tour of the Walled Rose Garden
- A visit to Rothiemurchus Estate with a choice of country pursuits
- A visit to Ruthven House and Pitmuies Garden
Depart early afternoon. The train heads north, crossing the splendid Forth Railway Bridge.
Disembark at Montrose to visit Brechin Castle Gardens, one of the finest private gardens in Scotland.
During a leisurely breakfast, the train makes its way to Inverness and north to Invergordon, where guests alight for a visit to the 18th-century Foulis Castle, seat of the Clan Munro.
Mrs Munro of Foulis and her son, Hector, the Clan Chief, welcome you, after which you can explore the grounds and courtyard garden. Alternatively, join Hector in the drawing room for a whisky tasting.
Return to the train for lunch as you travel towards Kyle of Lochalsh past the Torridon mountains, Achnashellach forest and Loch Carron.
Disembark at Plockton for a visit to Attadale on the west coast, this magnificent estate boasts a Water Garden, Japanese Garden and Sunken Garden among other treasures.
The night is spent in Kyle of Lochalsh, where an informal dinner is served followed by coffee and liqueurs in the Observation Car.
Disembark after breakfast to drive across to the mystical Isle of Skye and the 2, 000-acre Clan Donald estate.
You can also spend time in the award-winning museum and discover the history of the Highlands and Islands.
Return to the train in Kyle of Lochalsh and enjoy a leisurely lunch as you retrace part of yesterday's route as far as Dingwall.
This evening disembark to visit Ballindalloch Castle, one of Scotland's most romantic castles, with its wonderful walled gardens.
Rejoin the train at Boat of Garten on the private Strathspey Railway.
A coach takes you to the Rothiemurchus Estate, where you can tour the parkland or enjoy some of the many outdoor activities on at this breathtakingly beautiful site beneath the Cairngorm Mountains.
After reboarding the train at Kingussie, you journey south to Dunkeld and alight to visit Ruthven House and Pitmuies Garden, near Forfar.